The chrome agent should be installed on Google Chromebooks or any computer using the Google Chrome browser. When using a Windows or Mac operating system the Chrome agent is not necessary, but it can be used to track any activity done in the Chrome browser.
How to Install:
1. Using an admin login, log into the dashboard and find the download button at the top right-hand corner.
2. Click the dropdown arrow and choose "Download Agent for Chrome". Clicking this will redirect the page to the Chrome extension download page of the Google App Store.
3. Once downloaded onto the correct computer, navigate back to the ActivTrak Dashboard. Select Settings > Users & Groups > Chromebook Users.
4. Click the "Add" button at the top left of the page and add the user's email associated with their chrome browser to send them an invite. This ensures that the data goes to the correct account.
5. The user will get an invite they will need to accept, as pictured below.
6. Please keep in mind that they will need to be logged into the Chrome Browser in order for the agent to work properly.
WARNING: Chrome Browser Sync can install the extension on browsers of other computers if users sign into it with their tracked credentials. Click here to learn more about Google's Chrome Sync feature and how to disable it.
Was this article helpful?
6 out of 14 found this helpful