There are three basic roles inside ActivTrak. It is possible for a user to have multiple roles depending on how the permissions are granted.
All roles except for end user are created and managed under Account > Access.
- Administrators have full control over the application and can make support and billing requests.
- They also have access to the creation of alarms and changing settings within the account.
- For example, Administrators are able to reclassify activities as productive or unproductive and change categories. These options can be found under Settings > Productivity and Settings > Categories.
- A non-admin user will not see these options in the web ui.
- By default, the email used to create the account will be an Administrator.
- Managers are granted access to view specific groups by Administrators.
- Any users not in their assigned groups will not be visible to Managers
- Managers cannot make any changes to the account or make billing requests.
- They are able to reach out to support either via the chat tool in the bottom right of the screen or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- End User
- End users are the ones being monitored. They may or may not be given access to app.activtrak.com
- The end user may not be aware they are being monitored depending on your workplace policy.
- Administrators and Managers are also able to be monitored by installing the application on their computers.