The Social Media Break alarm is one of the default alarms ActivTrak provides with all accounts. Any admin can go to the Alarms > Configuration page and turn it on to begin being alerted when a user accesses a Social Media site. This article provides a step-by-step guide on how to create this alarm if you prefer to do it yourself or learn more about how it works.
1. Navigate to the Alarms > Configuration on the Dashboard and click on Create New Alarm.
2. The new alarm pop-up will appear on the screen to input a name for the alarm. Then choose the Activity alarm option.
3. Once on the Alarm configurations page the title created will be on the top right. If the account is an advanced trial or advanced paid, below the title will be an option to apply the Alarm to specific groups only. The default is set to All Users and Computers.
4. Under Conditions, selecting Match Any will cause the alarm to trigger if any of the URLs were to be met on the list. Some of the ones we thought to include are:
6. To set a screenshot to be captured, simply toggle the Screen Capture button on the left-hand side of the actions menu. Below is an option for screen capture and a pop-up message will be the ability to send a user on the account an email notification.
7. A pop-up message is a configurable way to gently remind your user that an activity may be against company policy, and we include variables to customize this message as you see fit.
The message that we will set is:
Hey, $User$ are you taking a break? Try setting a timer so you limit your $URL$ use to 10 minutes.
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful