The Data Saved to USB Device alarm is one of the default alarms included in all accounts. This alarm is triggered when a user has attempted to save data to a usb and can be enabled by going to the Alarms page of the dashboard. Below is a step by step article on how we created this alarm.
Step by Step Guide:
1. Navigate to the Alarms page on the Dashboard and click on Create New Alarm.
2. The new alarm pop up will appear on the screen to input a name for the alarm. Then choose the USB alarm option.
3. Once on the Alarm configurations page the title created will be on the top right. Under conditions, we have the option to select whether or not you want to trigger the USB alarm on insert and/or writing to the drive. You can also select option conditions to specify a certain user or a certain computer.
4. To set a screenshot to be captured, simply toggle the Screen Capture button on the left-hand side of the actions menu. Below is an option for screen capture. A pop-up message will be the ability to send a user on the account an email notification.
As an option pop-up message, we have provided the following as a suggestion.
"$User$, a USB drive was detected. This is against company policy."
5. To be sent an email when the alarm is triggered, enable the email notification option. Once a user has been selected to receive the email notification, an email subject and body will need to be set. Keep in mind that anything with "$" around it, (For example, $Time$) is a variable, and when the email is sent, it will have this information properly filled out.
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful