If the ActivTrak Agent has suddenly stopped reporting there are several steps that can be taken in order to troubleshoot and identify the issue.
First, lets' check that the settings within the platform are correct.
1) Confirm that you are not over the user license limit as this will block all data from appearing until the license count is back within the limit. If over the limit, users will either need to be deleted or additional licenses will need to be purchased. The limit can be seen next to the 'Reporting Users' icon shown below.
2) Check to see when the Agent last reported and if they are on the latest version of ActivTrak. You can view both the last activity date and Agent version from the Settings > Users and Groups > User Agents under 'Computers'. The latest version for Windows OS is 188.8.131.52. If running an outdated version, just download a new Agent directly from the dashboard as that will always host the most recent version.
3) Verify that all user and date filters are set correctly as this common mistake can prevent data from appearing. The filters will be located at the top of all applicable pages, an example is shown below.
4) Verify that the Schedule is set to monitor all users during your desired time-frame.
5) Verify that the user is not on the Do Not Tracklist. If they are on this list, they will need to be removed in order to begin collecting data from the Agent. Please note that they will not reappear within the account as a monitored user until they are active on the machine again.
On the monitored machine, you will want to verify the services are running and are not blocked by any security software such as an antivirus or firewall.
1) In order for ActivTrak to send and retrieve data, the service SVCTCOM and process SCTHOST must be running. This can be checked within the task manager on the monitored machine. SVCTCOM will be listed under 'Services' and SCTHOST under 'Details'. If neither appears to be listed and security software is installed, reference the whitelist paths below. If SVCTCOM and SCTHOST are shown, right-click on the service SVCTCOM and select 'Restart'.
In order to ensure there are no conflicts due to an antivirus or firewall, the following paths will need to be allowed.
If the previous steps have been verified, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or initiate a chat session from your Dashboard so that support can troubleshoot further with you.
Was this article helpful?
5 out of 12 found this helpful