There are three roles inside ActivTrak. It is possible for a user to have other roles depending on how the permissions are granted.
Both roles except for Monitored end-user are created and managed under Account > Access. Monitored End-User is the user that is collecting data.
- Administrator of the Dashboard
- Administrators have full control over the application and can make support and billing requests.
- They also have access to the creation of alarms and changing settings within the account.
- For example, Administrators are able to reclassify activities as productive or unproductive and change categories. These options can be found under Settings > Productivity and Settings > Categories.
- They also have the ability to enable and disable alarms, as well as edit them, and delete them.
- A non-admin user will not see the settings option in the menu and will have their alarms greyed out, but still viewable.
- By default, the email used to create the account will be an Administrator, and during this creating process, you can invite other users to the dashboard with optional admin access.
- This user has access to view all users and all computers on the account.
- Non-Admin Dashboard User
- This user must be invited by an administrator of the ActivTrak account. This can be done at account creation, or through Account>Access.
- The non-admin user will not see any groups by default. This must be changed under Viewable Groups after access is granted.
- Once the groups are assigned, the users in the group(s) assigned will be the only users the non-admin is allowed to view.
- No changes may be made to any settings or alarms.
- This user has no access to the Settings Tab, Blocking Tab, or the delete options.
- The only option in Account will be the ability to modify their individual ActivTrak Profile.
- Monitored End-User
- End users are the ones being monitored and have the agent installed on their machine. They may or may not be given access to app.activtrak.com
- The end-user may not be aware they are being monitored depending on workplace policy.
- Administrators and Managers are also able to be monitored by installing the application on their computers.
Was this article helpful?
2 out of 2 found this helpful