Command Center is a feature available to Managed Service Providers (MSPs).
MSP’s have a seamless way to add new accounts or trial accounts within Command Center. This will allow for a more integrated experience and provide easier access to new customer trials/accounts.
With this new functionality, Command Center users can:
- Add new accounts in a seamless fashion and see them immediately in Command Center
- Easily access new Trial accounts integrated into Command Center without having to remember individual login credentials for each account.
How do I add a New Account or Trial to the Command Center?
Once you are logged into your Command Center account, click on “Add Customer.” This will launch a dialogue screen with a form to fill out your new account details. Key points to remember:
- Email Address:
- Your email address for the account has to be unique across all ActivTrak accounts, so use an email address or alias that you have access to and that is unique for any ActivTrak accounts you’ve created.
- For example, if your customer’s company name is “Acme, Inc” and your MSP company domain is “msp.com”, you would use “email@example.com” as your email address when you create the account. Ensure that you can receive emails at that email address before you create the account so that you can complete any following account verification steps.
- You’ll want the email address to be the email for the primary administrator of the account.
- Customer’s Organization Name:
- This will be the company name identifier that you will see in the main Command Center dashboard. The Company Name needs to be the identifier that best helps your team understand who that customer is. This may be any unique identifier or something as simple as the customer name.
Where do I find my new Trial accounts?
When you access your Command Center dashboard, you will see three sub-menu options under Dashboard:
- Paid Subscriptions - This dashboard contains all of your accounts that are activated with paid subscription licenses.
- Active Trials - This dashboard contains all of your Trial accounts created through the “Add Customer” dialogue that are currently fully-functioning, non-expired Trials.
- Expired Trials - This dashboard contains all of your Trial accounts created through the “Add Customer” dialogue that has expired. When ActivTrak Trials expire, they automatically downgrade to limited “Freemium” accounts that can support up to 3 monitored users.
Where do I find Trial accounts that I added through the ActivTrak signup page?
Only accounts added through the new “Add Customer” dialogue are automatically linked to your parent account. If you had pre-existing trials that you set up through the ActivTrak sign-up page (https://app.activtrak.com/#/signup), they are still accessible through direct login at https://app.activtrak.com/#/login with the credentials you used to create them.
How do I upgrade Trial accounts (active or expired) to a Paid Subscription?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can work with you to purchase and apply for a license for the account. Please reference the account number (found under the Company Name on the Command Center dashboard) in your email.
How do I extend a trial for Expired Trial accounts?
Contact us at email@example.com and we can work with you to get a trial extension. Please reference the account number (found under the Company Name on the Command Center dashboard) in your email.
How do I remove accounts that are in the Expired Trials dashboard?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can work with you to get these accounts removed. Please reference the account number (found under the Company Name on the Command Center dashboard) in your email.
I added new users to my Trial accounts, why are they not reflected in the upper right-hand corner “Active Users” total?
The total in the Active Users is there to give you visibility to the monitored users you will be billed for, and therefore, only include monitored users from your paid subscriptions.
To see the monitored users for any individual Trial account, refer to the individual card for that Trial account.
To see the number of monitored users total across all of your Active Trials, you can reference that total in the “List” view of your Active Trials dashboard.
Was this article helpful?
3 out of 3 found this helpful