Managed Service Providers (MSPs) can manage multiple ActivTrak accounts in a centralized location with the Command Center, a feature available exclusively to MSPs. With the Command Center, you can:
- See an overview of all linked accounts’ users and operational insights (i.e. alarms, Agents not reporting, etc.)
- Drill into each individual account to investigate or troubleshoot issues.
- Seamlessly add and manage paid or trial accounts
The Command Center
MSPs can access the Command Center after logging into their account by clicking on the “Command Center” link to the top right of the ActivTrak application.
Add a new account or trial to the Command Center
Once logged into the Command Center, click on “Add Customer.” This will launch a dialogue screen with a form to fill out your new account details, as shown in the screenshot below.
- For example, if your customer’s company name is “Acme, Inc” and your MSP company domain is “msp.com”, you would use “firstname.lastname@example.org” as your email address when you create the account. Ensure that you can receive emails at that email address before you create the account so that you can complete any following account verification steps.
- Your email address for the account has to be unique across all ActivTrak accounts, so use an email address or alias that you have access to and that is unique for any ActivTrak accounts you’ve created.
- You’ll want the email address to be the email for the primary administrator of the account.
Customer’s Organization Name
This will be the company name identifier that you will see in the main Command Center dashboard. The Company Name needs to be the identifier that best helps your team understand who that customer is. This may be any unique identifier or something as simple as the customer name.
When you access the Command Center dashboard, you will see three menu options below "Dashboard":
- Paid Subscriptions contain all of your accounts that are activated with paid subscription licenses.
- Active Trials contain all of your trial accounts created through the “Add Customer” dialogue that are current, fully functioning, non-expired trials.
- Expired Trials contains all of your trial accounts created through the “Add Customer” dialogue that has expired. When ActivTrak trials expire, they automatically downgrade to Free accounts with limited functionality and a maximum of 3 users.
Command Center FAQs
Where can I find trial accounts that I added through the ActivTrak signup page?
Only accounts added through the new “Add Customer” dialogue are automatically linked to your parent account. If you had pre-existing trials that you set up through the ActivTrak sign-up page (https://app.activtrak.com/#/signup), they are still accessible through direct login at https://app.activtrak.com/#/login with the credentials you used to create them.
How do I upgrade trial accounts (active or expired) to a Paid Subscription?
Contact us at email@example.com and we will assist you with the plan upgrade. Please reference the trial's account number (found under the Company Name in the Command Center dashboard) in your email request.
How do I extend a trial for Expired Trial accounts?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you with a trial extension. Please reference the account number (found under the Company Name in the Command Center dashboard) in your email request.
How do I remove accounts that are in the Expired Trials dashboard?
Contact us at email@example.com and we will assist you in getting expired accounts removed. Please reference the account number (found under the Company Name in the Command Center dashboard) in your email request.
I added new users to my trial accounts, why are they not reflected in the upper right-hand corner “Active Users” total?
The total reflected in "Active Users" is there to give you visibility into the total users you will be billed for, and therefore, only include users from your paid subscriptions.
To see the total users for any individual trial account, refer to the individual card for that trial account.
To see the number of total users across all of your Active Trials, you can reference that total in the “List” view of your Active Trials dashboard.
Was this article helpful?
3 out of 6 found this helpful