Note: The MSA agreement must be reviewed and accepted first by the admin of the account before going through this process! Trials should complete this SSO Setup process before the expiration date to ensure full functionality post-purchase.
1. Navigate to portal.azure.com and login
2. Then find Azure Active Directory > Enterprise applications in the sidebar menu
3. Click the + Add new application button in the top left corner
4. There will be a blue banner near the top of the page, click the “legacy app gallery” option within the banner
5. Next, click the “non-gallery” option
6. Create a name for the instance and click the add button at the bottom left
Assign User Access:
1. Navigate to users & groups from the side navigation menu
2. Then click the + Add new users and groups button in the top left corner
3. Select “none selected”
4. A menu bar will appear on the right, add the necessary users, and/or groups. Once the groups/ users are chosen, click the “select” button at the bottom left corner of the pane
1. Navigate to enterprise applications and click on the name of the instance that was just created
2. Select Single Sign-On from the sidebar menu
3. Create your own application SSO (SAML) by clicking SAML as shown below
Fill the information out as shown below (In the identifier put https://app.activtrak.com)
4. Leave the field blank where the arrow is shown above
5. In the Reply URL field, use (https://auth.activtrak.com/sso/saml/assertion)
6. As shown below only the Identifier (Entity ID) & Reply URL should be filled in.
7. Click Save
Download Base64 Certificate:
1. As shown below where it says Certificate (Base64) click download
2. Open this in a text editor such as Notepad
3. Copy it
4. Log into your ActivTrak dashboard
5. On the panel on the left go to settings > security
6. Paste this download into the certificate box between Begin certificate and end certificate
NOTE: Please ensure that only the certificate is being copied & pasted into the box. Extra return characters may cause errors.
7. Copy the contents below from Azure and paste them into the ActivTrak dashboard
8. Copy the login URL
9. Copy the Azure AD Identifier (which will go into the SAML Issuer ID as shown below)
Go back to ActivTrak SSO Page:
1. Make sure Enabled is selected under Single sign-on
2. Make sure that (Azure AD) is entered in the provider name
3. Grab the login URL you took from Azure and paste it into the login URL field
4. Grab the Azure AD Identifier you got from Azure and paste the SAML Issuer ID
User Provisioning (must be done manually):
1. On the panel on the left go to Settings > Access > App Access.
2. Check the "USE SSO" button on the right-hand side of the users you want this feature to be enabled for
NOTE: The currently logged-in user cannot modify their own SSO Setting. If they do, they may be locked out of the account. Another Admin can change this setting for you. Alternatively, please contact Support@ActivTrak.com if you have an account with only a Single Admin.
Test your login:
1. Go to App.activtrak.com
2. Select SSO
3. Enter your email (You should now authenticate using your Azure Credentials)
4. Once SSO is enabled for the User Account, you will not be able to enter a password for authentication on Activtrak's side.
Was this article helpful?
2 out of 2 found this helpful