ActivTrak offers the option to exclude unnecessary activities from productivity reports by utilizing the Ignore Category option.
Common Use Cases
One of the most common uses for the Ignore Category is to decrease the double-time for those users that access a remote terminal application. For example, many users will use one machine to remote into another and work between the two throughout the day. When doing this, the active time shown tends to become exaggerated in reports due to the use of both machines simultaneously. By placing mstsc.exe in the Ignore Category, the ActivTrak Agent will be able more accurately report the time and productivity of the user between both machines.
Another common use for the Ignore Category is when an Admin - doesn't want specific websites or applications included in the user's productivity reports, such as the login screen or use of virtual machines. There are many different reasons for this, which is why we give the power to the Admin to decide what best fits their team's specific needs.
Finding Ignored Activities
- From the left-hand navigation, click on Settings> Classification
- Within the Classification Page, click on the Classified tab, then click the filter button. A drop-down menu will appear. From here, select “Ignored”.
Assigning Ignore to Activities
- Any Admin has the ability to add and remove activities from the Ignore Category.
- Within Classification, navigate to the activity you would like to classify as Ignored via scrolling through the table or using the search box.
- Once you have found the activity to assign the Ignore category, click on the Select Category, From the dropdown menu, click on “Select Category” and select “Ignore” via scrolling or searching.
NOTE: Any activity placed in the Ignore Category will NOT be included in any reports except for the Activity Log and the Single Day interval report. Additionally, when using ActivConnect, applications and websites will need to be manually added to the Ignore Category within Power BI as they are not automatically updated with the settings from the account's ActivTrak dashboard. Learn more here.
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful