The ActivTrak Agent can be installed through the application deployment feature in Microsoft Endpoint Manager, allowing Admins to install the Agent across their entire network without having to go computer-to-computer.
Once converted, follow these steps:
- Log in to Microsoft Endpoint Manager and navigate to Apps.
- Click on Apps > All Apps > + Add.
- Under the “App Type”, please select: “Win32 App”.
- Upload the newly created .InTuneWin package under “Select app package file”.
- Under “App Information”, the only required change is to provide a Publisher name. We suggest using “ActivTrak”.
- Under “Program”, no changes are required, but you should evaluate the commands and “Device restart behavior” to ensure they align with your expectations.
- Under “Requirements”, you will be required to provide “Operating System Architecture” and “Minimum Operating System” information. Please fill these out to match your organization’s device needs.
- Under “Detection Rules”, select “Manually Configure Detection Rules” > “+Add” > “File”. Then add the following information:
”Detection Method”: “File or Folder Exists”
- You are not required to provide any information under “Dependencies” and “Supersedence”, but these should be reviewed to match with your organization’s policy and requirements.
- Under “Assignments”, add Groups/Devices/Users that you want this app rolled out to.
- Review and click ‘Create’ to complete deployment.
Please Note: The .msi installer downloaded from ActivTrak will not work if it is renamed.
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 1 found this helpful