Setting configurations specific to your organization is an important way to ensure data privacy and to provide employees with insights that are relevant and applicable. From the Configuration page within the Insights tab, you can customize the thresholds for Focused and Productive time calculations and enable sharing of Insights data with team members.
A. Attention Shifting
- Toggling between applications and screens can either be a) critical to completing a task when gathering information from multiple sources or b) highly distracting when attempting to complete a single task and managing others at the same time.
- Set how many applications/sites will trigger a calculated Attention Shift in the data. This affects how Focused Time is calculated. Keep in mind that this does not change how Productive Time is calculated.
- Set how many screen views will trigger a calculated Attention Shift in the data. This affects how Focused Time is calculated. Keep in mind that this does not change how Productive Time is calculated.
- Recall: Either scenario will trigger an Attention Shift.
Productivity Lab Tip
Consider the nature of your team’s work. If their processes often involve multiple screen views or site shifts, make this number higher to accurately capture Focused Time. If their work dictates high focus within single applications, decrease these settings.
B. Subscriptions & Sharing
- To allow all users to share the Personal Insights Dashboard with their direct reports and to create email subscriptions for other app users, toggle on "Allow Users to Share Personal Insights with direct reports or subscribe other application users.”
C. Collaboration Time
- The “Meeting Software” and “Chat & Messaging” categories are considered part of Collaboration Time.
- You can tailor what is considered as Collaboration Time in your organization by selecting categories in this configuration page.
Learn more about ActivTrak Premium:
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful