When installing ActivTrak on multiple Mac computers, what looks like duplicate computers may appear on the User Agents page. This is caused by a naming conflict with Apple's networking services. To prevent or fix this, it is important that all Mac computers with the ActivTrak agent installed have unique names.
How To Change the Computer Name on a Mac:
1. To change the computer name, log into the Mac that needs renaming
2. Click Apple Menu > System Preferences > Sharing
3. Unlock the lock at the bottom left and type a new name in the field "Computer Name"
Below are a few helpful links to review if you continue experiencing issues with the naming of Mac Machines in the ActivTrak Account:
- Change your computer’s name or local hostname on Mac
- Fix your Mac’s network name getting (2) appended to it
If you have any further questions, please reach out to ActivTrak Support via chat or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Was this article helpful?
1 out of 1 found this helpful