Unlock the power of ActivConnect and access your ActivTrak data without the need for advanced SQL or BI knowledge. ActivConnect (Powered by BigQuery) leverages the native integration between Google BigQuery and Microsoft Power BI to simplify access to your data.
You’ll be able to access, analyze and visualize millions of rows of data in a simple way allowing you to leverage the tools and techniques you are already familiar with such as formulas, charts and pivot tables while maintaining the data current through scheduled refresh options.
- Pre-setup requirements
- Validate ActivConnect Credentials
- Install ActivTrak for Power BI Template from Microsoft AppSource
- Download the Power BI Desktop Copy
- Add ActivTrak for Power BI to MS Teams
- Additional Resources
- ActivTrak paid subscription plan and the ActivTrak ActivConnect Add-on. Learn more here.
- ActivConnect user name and password this will be in the format of [account_number]@activtrak.us]
- An active Power BI Pro or Premium license
Note: While this template is designed to work with all ActivTrak subscription plans, the data available for each report will vary based on your specific subscription plan type. Reports containing the Premium or Professional label on the report title indicate that the data required for those reports are only available to those license tiers.
NOTE: This step is only required for new customers and to validate access to ActivConnect.
- Navigate to https://console.cloud.google.com
- Enter your [accountnumber]@activtrak.us email address
- Enter your temporary password (you may be prompted to change it)
- Move to the next steps if you can log in.
- Navigate to https://appsource.microsoft.com and search for ActivTrak in the search bar.
- The ActivTrak for Power BI app should appear on the list of suggested apps.
- Click Get it now, follow the prompts, then click Install.
- The app will load with sample data. Click Connect your data on the dropdown message to configure the app with your ActivTrak data.
- Enter your ActivTrak Account number, Health Device Threshold value, then Click Next.
Note: The health device threshold value is used in the Health Dashboard and defines healthy and unhealthy devices based on the device’s last activity.
- Click Sign in and Connect. You will be required to log in with your ActivConnect account as mentioned in the pre-setup requirements section of this document. Follow the prompts to authenticate into your ActivConnect account and select Allow when prompted.
NOTE: Depending on the size of your data, it could take several minutes for the data refresh to complete.
Alternatively, you can download the template for use in the Power BI Desktop application.
- Click the pencil icon in the top right corner of the app to edit the app. This will take you into the Workspace hosting the report files.
- Open your Power BI Report by clicking the report file from the list. The file name may vary.
- Open the File Menu and Click Download this file, as shown in the image below.
Add ActivTrak for Power BI to MS Teams
Easily access ActivTrak for Power BI by adding it to MS Teams. Follow the steps in this guide to get started.
ActivTrak for Power BI within MS Teams
Was this article helpful?
1 out of 3 found this helpful