If you've ever needed to create many Groups in ActivTrak and assign users to them, you know this can be a tedious process. For many, lists of users and the groups or teams they belong to are easier managed in a spreadsheet. In fact, we often get these as a CSV export from another system.
That's why we have enabled Groups Upload via CSV.
1. Navigate to Groups settings by selecting Settings > Users & Groups > Groups.
2. Click Create Group followed by Upload Group.
3. Download existing Groups from this window:
...or from the Download button on the Groups home screen.
- These downloads are identical and will export in CSV format.
- Users may appear multiple times if they are assigned to multiple groups.
- Groups without users and users that are not in any groups are listed at the bottom.
4. Add new Groups and assignments.
In the example below, 4 users are in the 'Sales' Group. In rows 6-9, sub-groups are added and users are assigned to the appropriate ones.
- Group names have a 65-character limit.
- The only columns required for upload are group_name and user_id, and user_id can be blank if creating empty groups for users to be added to later. Below is an example:
5. Export back to CSV and upload. Export your spreadsheet as a CSV. Then drag and drop or select the CSV from your file explorer:
Your results will appear after the upload:
- With this version, you cannot modify or delete groups or assignments.
For more assistance, please reach out to Support.
Was this article helpful?
3 out of 4 found this helpful