MacOS Gatekeeper - Allow ActivTrak to Install
MacOS includes a feature called Gatekeeper, which has options to only allow trusted software from the App Store and/or identified developers. If Gatekeeper is preventing the installation of legitimate software such as ActivTrak, the feature can be disabled either temporarily or permanently.
1. Open "System Preferences" under the Apple menu:
2. Select "Security & Privacy":
3. Select the "General" tab, and click the lock in the lower left corner to allow changes:
4. Enter your computer username and password, then select "Unlock":
5. In the "Allow apps downloaded from:" section, select "Anywhere":
6. Close the window. You can now install applications that you trust.
NOTE: If the “Anywhere” option does not appear, you can disable Gatekeeper permanently by following the steps below:
1. Quit System Preferences if it is open and then open a new Terminal window using one of the following methods: ⌘ Command + ⇧ Shift + U , OR from /Applications/Utilities folder:
2. Enter the following command into the Terminal then hit return:
sudo spctl --master-disable
3. Relaunch System Preferences and go back to the Gatekeeper (Security & Privacy) settings:
4. Uninstall ActivTrak and reinstall a fresh copy of the agent.
Was this article helpful?
1 out of 5 found this helpful