ActivTrak combines workforce productivity metrics with key business applications to understand which work patterns lead to task completion, bottlenecks, and outcome achievement. ActivTrak offers a Salesforce integration that enables users to combine productivity data from ActivTrak with sales rep activity data from Salesforce to identify and understand the activities and behaviors that contribute to sales pipeline generation.
Two Salesforce integration options are available:
- Integrate: New Deal Pipeline - Leads: Understand how productivity drives lead conversion team-wide and per rep.
- Integrate: New Deal Pipeline - Opportunities: Understand how productivity drives opportunity creation team-wide and per rep.
There are specific requirements you will need to meet in order to use the Salesforce integration and leverage the dashboards in Power BI. They include:
- Administrative privilege to your Salesforce instance.
- ActivTrak Advanced or Premium license and the ActivTrak ActivConnect add-on (or trial)
- Power BI Pro license for content publishers and viewers or the report is contained in a Power BI Premium capacity (EM or P SKU) with a Power BI license
- Users have signed into the Power BI service to activate their Power BI license
- Users who need access to the published content will need permissions to access the workspace or the published report
Note: Microsoft offers different Power BI plans. Below are some options to consider. However, we recommend contacting your Microsoft representative to discuss your organization’s specific needs.
- Subscription to Microsoft 365 E5 plan which includes Power BI licenses
- Individual license of Power BI pro per user.
Initial Setup - Enable the Salesforce Integration
1. Log in to the ActivTrak web app and use the left sidebar to navigate to Integrations > Integrate.
2. You will see two integrations options displayed:
- New Deal Pipeline - Leads: Understand how productivity drives lead conversion team-wide and per rep.
- New Deal Pipeline - Opportunities: Understand how productivity drives opportunity creation team-wide and per rep.
3. Click the “Integrate” button in the integration of your choice.
4. Click on “Create a new authentication”, provide a friendly name, and select the Salesforce instance you would like to connect to, then click “Create”.
5. Allow the API connections when prompted and click “Finish” when done.
The configuration will display a green checkmark with the word “Connected” when your setup has successfully been completed.
6. Repeat this process if you wish to enable both Salesforce integrations.
Configure Reports & Access to the Data
Follow the steps below to configure ActivTrak’s Power BI App from the Microsoft AppSource marketplace:
1. Connect to Google BigQuery: Required for new customers and to validate access to ActivConnect.
a. Visit the following URL: https://console.cloud.google.com/. You will also receive an email with the URL provided by the ActivConnect setup team.
b. Enter your [accountnumber]@activtrak.us login name.
c. Enter your temporary password, which is included in the email provided by the ActivConnect setup team. Note: you will be prompted to change your password if this is the first time you’re accessing your ActivConnect account).
2. Import Your data in the Microsoft Power BI app:
a. Once you have completed the above steps on your Google Cloud Console, Navigate to https://appsource.microsoft.com and search for ActivTrak in the search bar. The ActivTrak for Salesforce 1.0 app should appear on the list of suggested apps. You can also click here for a direct link to the app listing.
b. Click "Get it now", follow the prompts, then click "Install".
c. The app will load with sample data. Once you open the installed app, click "Connect your data" to configure the app with your ActivConnect dataset.
d. Enter your ActivTrak Account ID and click "Next".
e. Click the button “Sign in and Connect”. You will be required to log in with your ActivConnect account.
f. Follow the prompts to authenticate into your ActivConnect account and select Allow when prompted. Once you sign in, your data will be loaded - this could take several minutes to complete.
OPTIONAL: If you would like to download the template to use in the Microsoft Power BI Desktop application, you can do the following:
- Open your Power BI Report
- Navigate to File > “Download the .pbix file”
- For additional information on ActivTrak’s Salesforce integration, other integrations offered by ActivTrak, and ActivConnect, visit ActivTrak's ActivConnect & Integrations Support Page.
- For personalized assistance, contact our Support team.
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful