UI Updates to Group-related Features
We’ve made some updates to simplify how we display Group Source and Group Type.
- Group Source displays where the group originated – ActivTrak, Active Directory or Azure AD groups.
- Group Type displays the types of members within the group – users, computers or a mix of both.
Historically, we displayed the Group Source and Group Type with an icon in the following locations:
- Group Settings pages
- User/Computer filter in our Live Reports
- App Access for selecting the groups a user can view
- Alarm Configuration for configuring group-based alarms
Groups Setting Pages
Within Settings > Groups, a new column, “Source & Type” has been added to clearly identify where the group originated and the Group Type. The source icons now display a logo to make it easier for Admins or Configurators to manage the groups, as shown below.
User/Computer filter, App Access and Alarm Configuration:
Within these three user interfaces, we’ve removed the Group Source and now only show the different Group Types, as shown below.
Above: User Filters in Live Reports
Above: Computer Filters in Live Reports
Above: Group Selection for Alarms
Above: Viewable Groups for App Access
Learn More :
- Creating and Managing Groups
- Hiding Active Directory Groups from View
- Upload Groups and Assignments in Bulk
- Contact Support
Was this article helpful?
1 out of 1 found this helpful