Did your users just lose internet connection? Are your users somewhere where there is no internet connection?
Here at ActivTrak, we have you covered!
When an internet connection disconnects, as long as the agent is still running on that machine, the agent will continue to record data and will save everything locally (on your machine) as shown below in diagram 1.1.
How do I check if the agent is running?
If you are on a PC
- For ActivTrak to capture data, the service SVCTCOM must be running. To check this:
- Go to the task manager
- Under ‘Services’
- SVCTCOM should show as running
- If it does not appear to be running, right-click on it and restart the service.
If you are on a Mac
- For ActivTrak to capture data, the service SCTHOST must be running. To check this:
- Go to the Activity Monitor
- Under ‘Details’
- Under the CPU tab
- SCTHOST and SCTHOSTP should be running
- If it does not appear to be running, you can click on one of them and then click on “Force Quit” in the top left.
In the event that you look here and it was not running, that means no data was being captured/ collected and saved to your local machine.
Once you have completed this for the SCTHOST, do the same for the SCTHOSTP. It does not matter what order you complete this in. (In the event that you did look here and it was not running, that means no data was being captured/ collected and saved to your local machine.)
Once there is an internet connection again, the agent will upload all the data to your dashboard as shown below in diagram 1.2.
Was this article helpful?
7 out of 10 found this helpful