ActivConnect is a powerful cloud based data warehouse that provides customers direct access to their ActivTrak user behavioral activity data for querying and connecting with other business tools. Embed ActivTrak workforce productivity data via pre-built starter templates within Microsoft Teams chat or team channels. Create personalized reports with business intelligence data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI, Google Data Studio, etc.). Perform any query needed — all from the simple query interface of Google’s BigQuery.
ActivConnect is available to customers on the ActivTrak Advanced and Premium Plans as an add-on (contact Sales for more details) and ships with a whole host of pre-built starter dashboards and reporting templates for Microsoft Power BI, Tableau &/or Google Data Studio or you can create your own. Quickly generate detailed reports for your platform of choice in the areas of Activity & Application Usage, Productivity.
Prerequisites: You will need the Google Cloud account provided by ActivTrak Support to access your ActivConnect instance.
Follow the steps below to configure ActivTrak’s Tableau Template using the Tableau desktop app.
- Connect to Google BigQuery: Required for new customers and to validate access to ActivConnect.
- Go to the URL provided by the ActivConnect set up team
- Enter your [accountnumber]@activtrak.us email address
- Enter your temporary password (you will be prompted to change it)
Importing your data in Tableau desktop application:
Once you have completed the above steps on your Google Cloud Console, download the “ActivTrak for Tableau.zip” file containing the Tableau Template workbook and supporting documentation.
- Open the workbook called “ActivTrak Advanced for Tableau v1.2.twbx”
- You will be prompted to authenticate using a Google Cloud account. Use the same credentials from step 1. And click Allow to Grant Access to the ActivConnect data from Tableau.
- Close the browser window when done and switch back to Tableau Desktop
Note: A message will appear saying there was a problem connecting to the data source. This is because Tableau does not allow you to change the pre-built Data Source Connection before trying to log in.Click Edit Connection. Inside the error message.
- Select the parameters relevant to your account. See image C for examples on where to find this information.
- Select the ‘events’ and ‘usergroups’ table within your dataset and drag and drop it on the right hand side area on under Drag Tables Here
- Select user_id from events and userid from usergroups when prompt to edit the events - usergroups relationship. Close the window when done.
When completed, the configuration should look like this.
- Select the Connection on the top right as either “live” or “extract”. We suggest you use “extract” to save the data locally for faster performance.
- Timezone: Enter your relevant UTC timezone. (Numbers only. Eg: -6 is Central Time)
- Daylight Savings: This is ‘False’ or ‘True’ depending on if your location observes daylight saving time.
True= Daylight Savings EnableNavigate to the Setup Guide tab to configure the Time Zone Settings
Time Zone Parameters:False = Daylight Savings Disabled
You can verify the configuration has been successful by looking at any of the report pages.
Note: You can visit https://support.activtrak.com/hc/en-us/categories/360001876271-Integrations for additional information.
Was this article helpful?
2 out of 3 found this helpful