Guided Account Setup by Use Case
ActivTrak’s workforce analytics help address various business challenges — from balancing workloads and mitigating burnout to assessing the impact of hybrid and remote work. To customize your experience within the ActivTrak platform, including surfacing the most relevant data insights, we recommend setting up your account according to your organization’s specific use case via Guided Account Setup.
Guided Account Setup is a feature that takes you through a series of questions to determine your organization’s use cases and privacy preferences, and then tailors the way your account looks and functions based on that information, including showing or hiding specific reports and dashboards.
Here’s how it works:
1. When you first create a new ActivTrak account, you'll see a welcome message with the option to customize your experience. Click 'Get started' to launch Guided Account Setup. If you'd prefer to do this later, you can access Guided Account Setup at any time during your ActivTrak trial via the Role Access page.
2. Once launched, you’ll be prompted to select one or more use cases that apply to your organization’s use of ActivTrak. Please note: Depending on the use case(s) you select, you may not see all of the steps outlined next in this guide.
3. Next, determine whether employees with access to ActivTrak can view individuals’ data or only team-level data.
If you select team-level only:
- Dashboards will display aggregate metrics on team productivity, utilization and technology usage, rather than revealing the metrics of individual employees, as shown in the examples below.
- Any dashboards that display individual employees' data will not appear in the app navigation for anyone with access to your account.
- You will skip to Step 5 in Guided Account Setup.
Example: Team-level data
Example: Individual data
NOTE: If you choose to provide access to team and individual data, you will be asked whether dashboards and reports should display the websites and apps used by individuals, or only higher-level metrics about their work habits, such as Working Hours, Productive and Unproductive Time, Focus Time and more. See examples below:
Example: Report with details of individuals’ productivity & work habits, but not app & website usage
Example: Report with details of individuals’ app & website usage
4. If you choose to provide access to details of individuals’ app and website usage, dashboards and reports that display website and application details will show the names of websites and apps, but not the specific pages visited. (For example, a user's activity would show Google Docs, but not the title of a specific document).
5. The Screen Details Add-on enables features that collect granular details of employees’ digital activity and website and application usage — including title bars, detailed URLs (website subpages), Screenshots, Screenviews, ability to set Alarms and block websites, as default. With Screen Details included, dashboards and reports that display website and application details will show the names of websites and apps and the specific pages visited.
You can choose to disable Screen Details, in which case the dashboards and reports in your account will not display granular details of digital web and application activity such as title bars, detailed URLs (website subpages), Screenshots and Screenviews.
If you choose to enable Screen Details, the Screen Details Add-on will be included in your account for free for the duration of the trial. After your trial, you will need to purchase the add-on to retain access.
Learn more about the Screen Details Add-on in this article.
Example: Data privacy controls on
Example: Data privacy controls off
6. Lastly, you will see a message confirming that your account has been customized according to your selections:
Upon exiting Guided Account Setup, your selections will immediately be applied across your ActivTrak account. This will impact the dashboards and reports you see in the app navigation, as well as the level of detail displayed in reports.
You can adjust role access settings at any time via the Role Access Page (Settings > Access > Role Access).
From this page, you can:
- Relaunch Guided Account Setup to change use case and data privacy selections. (Note: This is only available during your trial period.)
- Assign role-based access to specific dashboards and reports for more granular control of user permissions.
- Reset all Role Access permissions to the default settings by clicking the ‘Reset Roles to Default Settings’ link in the upper right-hand corner.
Note: The Admin Panel saves your Admins time and ensures your account is running smoothly by serving as a “one-stop-shop” for all essential account configuration and management tasks and actions. To access the Admin Panel, click on Home in the left navigation menu, and select “Admin Panel” from the “View” dropdown menu in the upper-right corner.
Was this article helpful?
1 out of 1 found this helpful