ActivTrak’s macOS Agent is available for users operating macOS computers such as Macbooks. The macOS Agent also fully complies with Apple's Catalina OS notarization requirements. Learn more about the ActivTrak macOS Agent in the sections below:
- How to install macOS Agents directly
- How to install macOS Agents via USB
- How to install macOS Agents remotely
- How to install macOS Agents quietly
- Automatic updates: macOS Agent
- Data collection: macOS Agent
- Data never collected by ActivTrak
- FAQs: macOS Agent
- Latest macOS Agent version
- Troubleshooting: macOS Agent
How to install macOS Agents directly
Follow the steps below to install a macOS Agent on a computer.
Note: With silent deployments (installation unknown to the user), we advise clearing the browser and download history of the device after the Agent has been installed.
1. Using the computer on which you want to install the Agent, log in to the ActivTrak app.
If you have no Agents deployed in your account:
You will land on the Activation Page. From this page. Click the green Download Agent button within the Install on your device box. A banner will appear at the top of your screen confirming that the Agent installation file has been downloaded, as shown below:
Installing your first Agent from the Activation Page
If you have at least 1 Agent deployed in your account:
- From The Activity Dashboard, click the blue Download Agent button in the upper-right corner. ActivTrak will automatically detect the computer's operating system (OS) and push the appropriate Agent version. You can also manually select the Agent version by clicking the down arrow to the right of the Download Agent button and clicking on Download Agent for Mac, as shown below:
Installing a macOS Agent from the Activity Dashboard
- From The Admin Panel, click on the Install/Share Agent File button under QUICK ACTIONS. Click the green Download Agent button within the Install on your device box. A banner will appear at the top of your screen confirming that the Agent installation file has been downloaded, as shown below:
Installing a macOS Agent from the Admin Panel
2. Open the downloaded file and complete the steps as prompted by the installer.
3. Verify the installation was successful by
4. Log out of ActivTrak.
How to install macOS Agents via USB
How to install macOS Agents remotely
ActivTrak offers two primary methods for Admins to install macOS Agents remotely.
1. Install Agents via direct link
2. Distribution via MDM tools
Note: Silent deployments (installation unknown to the user) are not available via the remote installation methods above. We recommend installing directly or via USB to silently deploy macOS Agents.
How to install macOS Agents quietly
macOS Agent automatic updates
macOS Agent data collection practices
Data never collected by ActivTrak
macOS Agent FAQs
What features are not supported by the macOS Agent?
Latest macOS Agent version
macOS Agent troubleshooting
- ActivTrak Agent Deployment Guide
- ActivTrak Agent Compatibility, System, and Browser Requirements
- Agent Footprint
- Latest ActivTrak Agent Versions
- What Data Does ActivTrak Collect?
- Contact Support
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 6 found this helpful