Data Connect is a powerful analytics tool that provides customers direct access to their ActivTrak user behavioral activity data for querying and connecting with other business tools. Embed ActivTrak workforce productivity data via pre-built reports within Microsoft Teams chat or team channels. Create personalized reports with business intelligence data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI, Google Data Studio, etc.). Perform any query needed — all from the simple query interface of Google’s BigQuery.
Data Connect is available to ActivTrak Advanced Plan customers and ships with a whole host of pre-built dashboards and reporting templates for Microsoft Teams, Power BI, Tableau &/or Google Data Studio or you can create your own. Quickly generate detailed reports for your platform of choice in the areas of Activity & Application Usage, Productivity, Collaboration, and Compliance.
What Is Included
- Your own cloud-based private database
- Secure access via Google Cloud account
- Automatic data refresh every 12 hours
- Query your data via SQL or BI Tools
- Plug-and-play dashboard & report templates for Microsoft Teams, Tableau, Power BI &/or Google Data Studio
- Quick Start guides & optional onboard session with ActivTrak to get the most out of Data Connect
How Does It Work?
- ActivTrak configures your data instance and links to a hosted Google Cloud account to enable access
- Initial data load and turnaround time is within 24 hours
- ActivTrak notifies you with your access credentials when the account is ready for use
- Refer to the Quick Start Guide & Data Dictionary to connect and get started
- Use ActivTrak pre-built templates for Microsoft Teams, Tableau, Power BI &/or Google Data Studio or build your own with your platform of choice
Frequently Asked Questions
- What data is available in ActivTrak Data Connect?
ActivTrak Data Connect gives you full access to every action, every log, every value, every user that ActivTrak collects - all in one table.
- Why do I need ActivTrak Data Connect?
If you prefer to customize your reports, you can create your own. With Data Connect, you can import ActivTrak data to one of a multitude of data warehouses, BI visualization tools, and developer tools. You can create personalized reports, push behavior data to your existing data infrastructure, and perform any query from a simple query interface.
- How do I purchase ActivTrak Data Connect?
Data Connect is available to customers on the ActivTrak Advanced Plan as an add-on. Contact Sales for a quote.
- How is it billed?
It can be billed monthly or annually; you will see it reflected in your invoice alongside your ActivTrak subscription.
- Where is my data stored?
Your data will be stored in your assigned data center (United States, Canada, United Kingdom, European Union or Australia).
- Can I use BI tools to access my data?
Yes, you can access Data Connect using any BI tool through a BigQuery connection.
- I don’t have staff experienced with BI tools, do you have pre-built reports?
Yes! We have pre-built dashboards and reports for Microsoft Teams, Tableau, Power BI &/or Google Data Studio which automate many of the data outputs you will need.
- Do you offer implementation assistance?
Absolutely! After you purchase Data Connect, we can schedule an onboarding session where a customer support agent will walk you through the process of connecting your data source to your preferred BI platform.
- Why do I need Google BigQuery to access my data?
ActivTrak is a SaaS solution hosted in the Google Cloud and leverages BigQuery for secure and fast access to your data
- I’m not familiar with how to use Google BigQuery, how does it work?
It’s a pretty intuitive cloud data warehouse platform, you can learn more about it and how to use it here. You can query up to 1TB of data per month (the equivalent of 3.2GB records) which is more than enough for the majority of customers.
- Why do I need a Google Cloud account to access my data?
ActivTrak will provision and set up a Google Cloud account on your behalf. You will need this to authenticate securely into your private BigQuery instance.
- Can I use another data warehouse to run my queries?
You will need Google Big Query to access/query your ActivTrak data. You can export your outputs to other sources of your choosing after that.
Was this article helpful?
2 out of 4 found this helpful