What is ActivConnect API?
ActivConnect is a set of API connectors and tools that enable access to your ActivTrak data in hundreds of external applications. ActivConnect includes a cloud-based SQL query interface, API compatibility with business and analytic software, BI starter templates for Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, Google Looker Studio, and more.
ActivConnect is available as an add-on to customers on a paid subscription plan and ships with a whole host of pre-built BI starter templates for Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Power BI, Tableau and Google Looker Studio, which you can customize. Quickly generate detailed reports for your platform of choice in the areas of application usage, productivity and collaboration trends, employee burnout risk and much more.
Try a self-guided demo here.
What Is Included with ActivConnect API?
- Your own cloud-based private database
- Secure access via a Google Cloud account
- Automatic data refresh every 12 hours
- Query your data via SQL or BI Tools
- BI starter templates for Microsoft Teams, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI and Google Looker Studio
- A quick start setup guide & optional onboarding session with ActivTrak to get the most out of ActivConnect
- Access to the Live Data API
How Does ActivConnect API Work?
- ActivTrak configures your data instance and links it to a hosted Google Cloud account to enable access. The initial data load and turnaround time is within 24 hours.
- ActivTrak provides you with your access credentials when the account is ready for use
- Refer to the ActivConnect Quick Start Setup Guide & ActivConnect Data Glossary to get started
- Use ActivTrak's pre-built templates for Microsoft Teams, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI and Google Looker Studio, or build your own with your platform of choice.
- Enjoy the benefits of your detailed reports!
Frequently Asked Questions
What data is available in ActivConnect?
ActivConnect gives you full access to every action, every log, every value and every user that ActivTrak collects - all in one table.
Why do I need ActivConnect?
ActivConnect takes your data further and is a great solution for data-savvy companies that want to perform bulk queries, custom analysis and combine data sets with activity and productivity data into powerful business insights.
You can import ActivTrak data to one of a multitude of data warehouses, BI visualization tools and developer tools. You can also create personalized reports, push behavior data to your existing data infrastructure, and perform any query from a simple query interface.
I don’t have staff with BI tool experience. Do you have pre-built reports?
Yes! We offer pre-built dashboards and report templates for Microsoft Teams, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI and Google Looker Studio. These pre-built templates automate many of the data outputs you will need and help get you started without experienced staff members.
Do you offer implementation assistance?
Yes. After you purchase ActivConnect, schedule an onboarding session with a customer support agent who will walk you through the process of connecting your data source to your preferred BI tool.
How do I purchase ActivConnect?
ActivConnect is available as an add-on to customers on a paid subscription plan.
- Click here to learn about subscription differences and available add-ons, including ActivConnect.
- Contact Sales for a quote to add ActivConnect to your account.
How is ActivConnect billed?
ActivConnect can be billed monthly or annually; you will see it reflected in your invoice alongside your ActivTrak subscription.
Where is my data stored?
Your data will be stored in your assigned data center (United States, Canada, United Kingdom, European Union, or Australia). For more information, click here.
Can I use BI tools to access my data?
Yes. You can access ActivConnect using any BI tool through a BigQuery connection.
Why do I need Google BigQuery to access my data?
ActivTrak is a SaaS solution hosted in the Google Cloud that leverages BigQuery for secure and fast access to your data.
I’m unfamiliar with how to use Google BigQuery. How does it work?
Google BigQuery is an intuitive cloud data warehouse platform. Learn more about it and how to use it here.
Note: You can query up to 1TB of data per month (the equivalent of 3.2GB records) which is more than enough for most customers.
Why do I need a Google Cloud account to access my data?
ActivTrak will provision and set up a Google Cloud account on your behalf. You will need this to authenticate securely into your private BigQuery instance.
Can I use another data warehouse to run my queries?
You will need Google Big Query to access and query your ActivTrak data. You can export your outputs to other sources of your choosing after that.
Was this article helpful?
7 out of 12 found this helpful