ActivConnect Quick Start Setup Guide
ActivTrak will set up your instance of ActivConnect in a hosted Google Cloud Account, usually within 24 hours. You will then be provided with credentials to access your account.
Note: You can query up to 1TB of data per month (the equivalent of 3.2GB records) which is more than enough for most customers.
After receiving your credentials, there are three ways you can access ActivConnect:
- Use ActivConnect Pre-Built Templates for Microsoft Power BI, Tableau or Google Looker Studio to jumpstart your analysis.
- Use Google BigQuery Console to access your data via SQL queries.
- Use a BI / Data tool of your choice to access ActivConnect and create your reports from scratch.
Method 1: Use Pre-built Templates in ActivConnect
Jumpstart your analysis with our pre-built templates containing a robust set of reports in the areas of Activity & Application Usage, Productivity, Collaboration & Knowledge Management and Compliance & Risk Management. Review the setup guides below:
Method 2: Use Google BigQuery Console
Follow the instructions below to access ActivConnect via Google BigQuery Console to access your data via SQL queries:
- Using your credentials, you can verify access to your data in ActivConnect in BigQuery by clicking on the URL below:
- This will prompt you to log in using your Google Account credentials that end with "activtrak.us".
- Once you are logged in, you will see your data instance on the left-hand side of the Google BigQuery Console (called ‘activtrak-us):
4. Query your activity data within the BigQuery console using SQL statements that access your account’s logs table within the activtrak-us. The prototypical SQL query statement should look like the select statement below.
Note: youraccountnumber should be replaced with your six-digit ActivTrak account number.
Use this sample query limited to 100 rows to test if you can access your data.
Select * from `activtrak-us.youraccountnumber.logs`
For reference, as you start exploring your activity data, you can access the ActivConnect Data Glossary describing the available fields and a Sample Data Output.
Method 3: Use a BI/Data Visualization Tool to Create Reports from Scratch
Click on the name of each tool below to access instructions for accessing ActivConnect using a BigQuery connection:
Next, follow the below steps:
- Select the ‘activtrak-com’ project.
- Select the dataset with your six-digit account number.
- Select the ‘logs’ table within your dataset.
- Query your activity data and start creating reports.
- For reference as you start exploring your activity data, you can access a Data Dictionary describing the available fields in the Appendix of this document
For additional assistance, please reach out to ActivTrak Support.
Was this article helpful?
4 out of 6 found this helpful