ActivTrak for MS Teams
Easily access your ActivTrak workforce insights in your MS Teams account by following this guide.
Receiving MS Teams Notifications via Webhooks
External Notifications, formerly called Webhooks, are a way to receive a notification or to take action based on data that we send via an external notification. Setting up an external notification to the popular messaging app MS Teams is now even easier!
From the left-hand navigation menu, select Alarms > Configuration. From this page, you can choose to edit an existing alarm or create a new alarm to configure the notification.
We currently have support for MS Teams as a way to send a message, however, the option to choose a custom URL is also present.
For guidance on how to enable incoming Webhooks for MS Teams, please follow this guide:
Microsoft Teams Incoming Webhooks Guide
Once the Webhook URL has been successfully set up, your notification will appear like the following example in MS Teams, where anything within the "$" will be the actual information as it appears in the Activity Log and Alarm Log.
Example of Microsoft Teams notification:
A direct link to the Alarm log will also be available, and you can go to the Alarm itself and edit it if necessary.
Add ActivTrak for Power BI to MS Teams
Note: Instructions may vary depending on the Operating System and version of MS Teams.
- Select the desired team from the Team list and click the “+” sign in the General section to add a new component.
- From the popup, you can either 1. Search for Power BI or 2. Click on the Power BI icon if already displayed.
- Once you click on the Power BI icon in the above MS Teams tab section, a popup should appear showing you all the reports available under your different workspaces. You can also select the apps section to use the published ActivTrak for Power BI app.
- Select the desired report or app related to your ActivTrak setup and click Save.
- The app or report will be added to your team’s channel. You can now collaborate, share and discuss productivity metrics with your team.
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful